Declared referendums will be listed below in random order. Please note if the referendum is for undergraduates, graduates, or the entire campus.
|Associated Graduate Students (AGS) Fee Levels*|
|Paul Merage School of Business||School of Medicine||All Other Graduate Students**|
|AY 2021-22+***||Prior year rate + CPI****|
|* Per University and campus policies, increases to the AGS Fee are subject to return-to-aid.|
|** Per term rates are assessed to all graduate students, with the exception of students at the Paul Merage School of Business and School of Business, whose per-terms rates are specified in this chart.|
|*** The fee increases will sunset (expire) at the end of AY 2049-50 unless the fee is renewed. If the fee is not reaffirmed, the AGS Fee will return to AY 2019-20 levels.|
|**** Beginning Fall 2021, the fee increase portion (excludes the AY 2019-20 base fee level) is subject to annual CPI
This proposed increase to the AGS fee shall provide more funding towards student‐based programming including, but not limited to:
- Increase in travel funding – both to raise the individual amount to be more appropriate for the cost of conference attendance, and to increase the number of individuals awarded.
- Allow for more students to have the opportunity to train and participate in state, national, and global level advocacy and allow for safe, direct, and responsible travel and accommodations.
- Underwriting social events and arts programs so that all graduate students have access to top-rate performances.
- Need for staff and equipment will only grow with the increased graduate population over the next five years.
- AGS wants to be proactive in being able to support worthy causes and continue to help students thrive.
In addition, funding will be provided for new student-based programming to accommodate the demands of the graduate students at UC Irvine.
- The fee will be charged only to graduate students.
- The fee will be assessed during the Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters, and the fee increases will be assessed starting Fall 2020.
- The fees collected will be managed by the Associated Graduate Students of UC Irvine. An audit of the use of these funds may be .
- In accordance with campus practice, 33% of the fee increase will be return-to-aid to help offset the cost of this fee for students who are eligible for financial aid.
- Starting Fall Quarter 2020, the $9 quarterly (or $13.50 semesterly) fee will increase by $8.00 per quarter or $12.00 per semester as shown in the table above.
- Starting Fall 2021, . The CPI will be taken from the California Department of Finance’s calendar year annual average of all urban consumers’ CPI‐U.
- The Associated Graduate Students of UC Irvine is responsible for providing an annual report to the Chancellor on its programming and operations to ensure the proper and effective use of the fees collected. In addition, this report will be presented to the AGS Council. Upon request, this report shall be available.
- The fee increases ($8.00 per student per quarter or $12.00 per student per semester in AY 2020-21 and annual inflationary adjustments thereafter) will sunset (expire) on the 30th year (2049-50) unless the graduate student body reaffirms this fee. This fee can be reaffirmed as early as the 26th year (2045-46); otherwise, if there is no vote to reaffirm this fee by the end of its 30th year (2049-50), the fee will terminate and return to their current levels – $9.00 per quarter for graduate students, $14.00 per quarter for students in the Paul Merage School of Business, $19.00 per quarter for students in the School of Medicine, and $13.50 per semester for students in the Law School.
- Only the portion of the fee related to this fee increase ($8.00 per student per quarter or $12.00 per student per semester and annual inflationary adjustments) will be subject to the 33% Return-to-Aid (RTA), reaffirmation, and CPI.
- In order to pass, this referendum will require an 8% eligible graduate voter turnout rate during the 2020 AGS Spring Election, of which 60% of those votes need to be Yes votes.
_____ Yes, I support an $8 per quarter (or $12 per semester) increase to the existing AGS fee starting in Fall 2020 with annual inflationary adjustments starting in Fall 2021.
______ No, I do not support an increase to the existing AGS fee.
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Womxn’s Hub||Sydney Torres – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Latinx Resource Center||adelí durón – email@example.com|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Center for Student Leadership||mike knox – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Sorority & Fraternity Life||Ekpeju Ed E-Nunu – email@example.com|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Student Outreach and Retention (SOAR) Center||Paulina Raygoza – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||SLL, FRESH Basic Needs Hub||Andrea Gutierrez – email@example.com|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||College Democrats at UCI [Formerly known as Young Democrats at UCI]||Jeanie Le – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Planned Parenthood Generation Action||Jeanie Le – email@example.com|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||The Feminist Illuminati of UC Irvine||Grace Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Anteater Ambassadors Network (AAN)||Febronya Hanna – email@example.com|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Young Democratic Socialists of America at UCI||Stephanie Dorantes – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||South Asian Student Union||Nadine Chakma – email@example.com|
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||Camp Kesem||Lawrence Harvey – firstname.lastname@example.org|
Referendum Financial Statement
|WOMXN’S HUB RESILIENCE REFERENDUM FEE INITIATIVE||0.00||View|